EQ8 Made Easy - Introduction to Electric Quilt Online Class
Are you a subscriber to the On Point Quilter Newsletter? Make sure to use your coupon code from Saturdays newsletter when checking out.
In talking to people in my classes and online, one thing I heard frequently is "I haven't really learned how to use my EQ8 software". Or a variation on the theme -- "I haven't used EQ in (insert number) of months (or even years)". Or -- "I've tried the software, but it wasn't intuitive".
Can you relate?
Could you commit to just 10 minutes a day to learn the basics of Electric Quilt 8?
Note: This challenge is designed for beginners to Electric Quilt 8. My goal is to encourage you to learn the basics so you are comfortable starting to design on your own.
- An e-mail will be sent to your mailbox on Monday, Wednesday and Friday of each week. Classes will start on December 4, 2023 or January 3, 2024. Your choice.
- The e-mail will provide you with a link to a short video (most are under 10 minutes) you can watch online. The video will provide you with step by step instructions to draft some part of an Electric Quilt 8 project.
- Save all the emails in a folder, so you can refer back to the documentation and watch the videos again. The private link in the email is the only way to access the videos.
- Your challenge is to watch the video and complete the tasks within Electric Quilt.
- At the end of the 16 videos, you will have designed a number of quilts in Electric Quilt 8 and will have been introduced to many features of this software. I go through the most frequently used features of Electric Quilt 8 along with some of the areas that I find quilters struggle with in using the program.
- The most significant benefit is that you will now be on track to being a regular user of Electric Quilt 8.
- You will receive an invitation to a private Facebook group. Only people who have purchased the Electric Quilt 8 Made Easy class will have access to this group. In the group you are welcome to post comments, converse with other students about the class and ask questions.