Tech Know Quilters - Modern Quilts
The Modern Quilt Guild notes that Modern quilts are primarily functional and inspired by modern design. Modern quilters work in different styles and define modern quilting in different ways, but several characteristics often appear which may help identify a modern quilt. These include, but are not limited to: the use of bold colors and prints, high contrast and graphic areas of solid color, improvisational piecing, minimalism, expansive negative space, and alternate grid work. "Modern traditionalism" or the updating of classic quilt designs is also often seen in modern quilting.
Join me as we create our own modern quilts using EQ8.
Note: This purchase entitles you to the Modern Quilts series of Tech Know Quilters. If you would prefer to join the monthly membership program for $30 per month, click here to be placed on the waiting list for the next open enrollment period.
- At least 10 separate video lessons on EQ8 per month e-mailed on Monday, Wednesday and Friday of each week.
- Access to purchased videos will be available for at least 12 months after purchase (even if you decide to cancel).
1. Spiral Square Block
2. Spiral Square Plus
3. Improvisational Grid Work
4. Improvisational Quilts
5. Gees Bend Challenge
6. Fractured Background
7. Shape Motifs
8. Modern Flying Geese Quilt
9. Four Patch 3D Quilt
10.Log Cabin 3D Quilt
11. Spiral Art
12. Bonus: Pictures in Pattern (using EQ to create images for patterns or instructions)