Electric Quilt 8 Upgrade from EQ7 with Shoot for the Stars Online Training
Bundle Electric Quilt 8 Upgrade with Shoot for the Stars -- a 13 session training class on learning Electric Quilt 8.
About Electric Quilt 8 Upgrade
For EQ7 owners only! This product is the same full-featured software as Electric Quilt 8 (EQ8), but offered at a reduced price for registered owners of Electric Quilt 7 (EQ7). In order to download and use this version of the software, your EQ7 license must be verified during installation. Do not purchase this version, if you do not have a current EQ7 license.
Where is my EQ7 license?
Your EQ7 license ID and password can be found by clicking HELP > About EQ7 on the main menu of EQ7. If you need assistance verifying your EQ7 license ID, contact Electric Quilt technical support.
The newest Electric Quilt Software offers a brand new user interface to make it easier than ever to use. By far, it is the most user-friendly quilt design software on the market.
In Electric Quilt 8, you can...
- Design quilts at any size!
- Draw block patterns of all sizes and styles!
- Scan and import fabric
- Calculate yardage
- Print patterns
- Export images
New Look: EQ8 is redesigned with a friendly new look that includes large interface elements for faster, more intuitive learning.
New Features: EQ8 comes with more than 40 new and updated features, including thousands of new block designs and fabrics.
Shipped EQ8 Upgrade License Card: You are purchasing a software download license. There is no CD, DVD or USB. There is a License ID and Password found in the package. This information will allow you to download the software from the EQ website. You will select either PC or Mac at the time of the download. The package also contains a 48-page booklet with complete instructions on how to claim the download on the Electric Quilt site, installation, activation, a starter lesson, quick tips and tools reference.
The license card is a box containing a Quick Start Guide (48 page booklet) and a license ID and password. Once the customer has the license card, he/she will claim the download on ElectricQuilt.com before installing.
About Shoot for the Stars
This challenge is designed for both beginners to Electric Quilt and those that have just migrated to Electric Quilt 8. My goal is to encourage you to learn the basics so you are comfortable starting to design on your own.
- Starting on November 20, 2017 or after your purchase of the challenge, an e-mail will be sent to your mailbox on Monday, Wednesday and Friday of each week.
- The e-mail will provide you with a link to a short video (most are under 5 minutes) you can watch online. The video will provide you with step by step instructions to draft some part of an Electric Quilt 8 project.
- Save all the emails in a folder, so you can refer back to the documentation and watch the videos again. The private link in the email is the only way to access the videos.
- Your challenge is to watch the video and complete the tasks within Electric Quilt
- At the end of the 13 videos you will have designed a quilt in Electric Quilt 8 and will have been introduced to many of the new features in this release. The theme is Shoot for the Stars with EQ8.
- The most significant benefit is that you will now be on track to being a regular user of Electric Quilt 8.
- You will also be able to join a private Facebook group. Only people who have purchased the Shoot for the Stars with EQ8 class will have access to this group. In the group you are welcome to post comments, converse with other students about the class and ask questions.