Shoot for the Stars - EQ8 Online Video Series
If you have purchased EQ8, you may have noticed that this version has an entirely new look and feel. I think you are really going to enjoy learning to use it. I know that you are ready to get started.
In talking to people in my classes and online, one thing I heard frequently is "I haven't really learned how to use my EQ7 or EQ8 software". Or a variation on the theme -- "I haven't used EQin (insert number) of months (or even years)". Or -- "I've tried the software, but it wasn't intuitive".
Can you relate?
Could you commit to just 10 minutes a day to learn the basics of Electric Quilt 8?
Note: This challenge is designed for both beginners to Electric Quilt and those that have just migrated to Electric Quilt 8. My goal is to encourage you to learn the basics so you are comfortable starting to design on your own.
- An e-mail will be sent to your mailbox on Monday, Wednesday and Friday of each week.
- The e-mail will provide you with a link to a short video (most are under 5 minutes) you can watch online. The video will provide you with step by step instructions to draft some part of an Electric Quilt 8 project.
- Save all the emails in a folder, so you can refer back to the documentation and watch the videos again. The private link in the email is the only way to access the videos.
- Your challenge is to watch the video and complete the tasks within Electric Quilt.
- At the end of the 14 videos, you will have designed a quilt in Electric Quilt 8 and will have been introduced to many of the new features in this release. The theme is Shoot for the Stars with EQ8.
- The most significant benefit is that you will now be on track to being a regular user of Electric Quilt 8.
- You will receive an invitation to a private Facebook group. Only people who have purchased the Shoot for the Stars with EQ8 class will have access to this group. In the group you are welcome to post comments, converse with other students about the class and ask questions.