Preparing Your Quilt
- The quilt top should be pressed and free of excess threads.
- For best results, your top must be square. Borders must be correctly applied to prevent wavy edges (usually due to borders being too long for the quilt body). If you need assistance in correctly applying borders, please contact me.
- Pin a piece of paper marked "top" to the top edge of your quilt top indicating the
direction the quilt will lay when quilted (i.e. the top of wallhanging or bed).
- For optimum results, your quilt top should not contain any embellishments such as rickrack, lace, crystals, etc. These embellishments should be added after the quilting process.
- Please send enough backing! It is absolutely necessary to have 4 inches additional backing fabric ALL the way around your quilt. So if your quilt measures 60 by 60, you need to send at LEAST 68 by 68 inches of backing fabric.
- Please also make sure your back is square and any seams are pressed.
- I will gladly accept 100% cottons, batiks and minky backings for your quilt. No sheets.
- Pin a piece of paper marked "top" to the top edge of the backing indicating the direction the quilt will lay when quilted (i.e. the top of wallhanging or bed)
- I use Hobbs Heirloom (80/20), Wool, or Warm and Natural for most quilts.
These battings performs well and will give your quilt a nice drape.
- Please consult with me if you wish to provide your own batting or if you prefer a different batting.